Dear Kim, my little turtledove,
It's been a month. John sits by your side, greets your every move, your every sound. Ben folds his long body into little spaces next to you every day, and legions of others pray and dance and hold you.
Each day I walk inside the miracle of you. While people around me are lovely and ask how you are, they can't know how profound you are. After John's updates each day, I hold your incredible achievements inside. Thoughts churn over and over: "My sister said 'hello,'" or "My sister walked today," or "My sister giggled with her good friend."You have been a month of miracles, and I feel like I'm hoarding spring; somehow magnolia blossoms opening like candle flames on a tree are just for me, something no one else has ever seen or will ever see. I'm selfish in my awe of you, I guess.
Thanks, big sister, for fighting, for coming back.
Much love,
-Kate
No comments:
Post a Comment