about this blog


This blog is dedicated to Kim Niles' friends and family. These letters are messages, meant to inspire hope and love for her recovery. If you would like to post a letter, please send an email with your letter to Kate (dangpoet@msn.com).

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Keep truckin'!


Dear Kim,

A week before your life changed, you came to Westport to help us paint the interior of our new house. As we covered Syracuse colors -- especially the orange -- we spoke about your beloved Ben and John, Meredith, Dan, Kevin and Erica, your garden and our Smith family reunion in June. We spoke of Claudia and Ann, of your friends in Groton and mine in Westport. As the colors in the room changed, we told stories and, as usual, we solved the problems of the world – normally we do that on our walks. In a couple of emails after that, you spoke with such contentment of your life: “It’s supposed to get sunny soon, which will be wonderful. I realized last week how much I had missed being outside, “working” in the yard. It’s what I love most, I think. I just have to learn to take more breaks.” You are taking a break, Kimmie, but already you are striding back toward your garden, surrounded by the love of family and so many friends around the world! I have a saying hanging over my desk at school: “Let nothing perturb you, nothing frighten you. All things pass. God does not change. Patience achieves everything.” (Mother Theresa) You are brave and strong. John and Ben,  bless their hearts, see that every day.Keep on truckin'!

Love always,
Tal

No comments:

Post a Comment