Dear Kim,
Robbie and I want you know that we were so sad to hear of your setback. We have been keeping up on news through Hannah Lyons and through the blog.
I realized it was that Friday that you had been in the Blackbird Café and we had chatted about retirement, Ben, and Groton School. ( not one of my favorite subjects) Anyway, I remember that you had eaten a healthy salad and I think John had the big hot pastrami sandwich. Hmmm... maybe you should have had that hot pastrami too. Little did you know that healthy salad would be the last solid food you would eat for weeks to come!!
Anyway, life throws us curveballs. Our life changed in an instant when Luke was hit by the car. It took time but with a lot of love, friendship, humor , and family we all recovered. Life will never be the same but we appreciate the little things so much more now. I know you have been fighting hard and I hear that you have been keeping your sense of humor. You are strong Kim and you have the love of family and friends to help you through this challenging time.
Look out that window of your room and through the difficult times, the frustrating times, and the happy times be grateful for every moment. I know that we are all grateful you are here.
I left some pansies and some homemade jam at your house for when you get home.
Peace and Light.
Joanna
No comments:
Post a Comment