Dear Kim,
I’ve been following your amazing progress very closely,
thanks to John’s wonderful daily updates.
I feel lucky to be able to know how you have been doing and what you
have accomplished each day. I must
say, I think you definitely married the right guy! But I’m sure you don’t need anyone to tell you this. And, of course, all the friends,
family, and complete strangers who are following your recovery are convinced
that you are one in a million.
You and I were joined in our path together as mothers that
romantic evening in Oxford, England last July, when Ben proposed to our
Margaret (aka Maggie!). I still
vividly remember our phone conversation the next day. It was so much fun to plan each next step, starting with our
Woodstock celebration when Ben and Maggie returned from England. I was really touched when you wrote me
in an email in late January, after the June wedding was postponed, that you’d
been enjoying our emails: “I think
we’ve become friends along the way, and I like that.”
Well,
that’s definitely true: we have a deep connection. I want to tell you what a delightful
time we had with Ben at the
opening of Eleanor’s MFA show. I
was blown away when he told me that you’d told him to buy “Sledding Hill,” a painting which happens to be one of
my favorites. Thank you so much
for helping to keep it nearby, and of course, for supporting Eleanor.
I
know Maggie passed on my greetings to you this afternoon, but I’ll repeat it
here: Happy Mother’s Day, Kim. Today, I feel grateful for so
much: for our children, and also
for your remarkable recovery-in-progress.
love and
very best wishes,
Helen
No comments:
Post a Comment