Hi, my little downy woodpecker,
A year ago you were flying to me, and here I am about to get on a plane to you. Hard to believe that it's been so long even though I know these last 13 weeks have felt like 13 centuries to you. Remember the signs I made? Cheryl and I met your flight first, and I loved watching you read each one, "Best Sister Ever," and "Kate loves YOU the most." Your face said that you thought I was being a little ostentatious. When you realized we were greeting Tally with the same signs, and then Jennifer, you did the bright-red, laughing-doubled-over, mouth-in-an-O intake-of-breath, to howl-again thing. Tears jettisoned out of your eyes. Tally grabbed the "best sister" sign and paraded around the terminal. And we laughed throughout the whole visit. Sisters.
It won't be the same this year without you, but don't worry. I'll torment you plenty at CM on both Tuesday and Wednesday.
Can't wait!
-Kate

No comments:
Post a Comment